Today is The North Hills Mineral Owners Coalition is still alive and well and working for You.
You can now submit your MOI online
Your completed MOI will be emailed to us for logging and filing.
Click Here to submit your MOI
Many of you are receiving phone calls, emails and personal visits from leasing agents trying to get you to sign a lease quickly for a low-ball bonus rate.
Don't Sign That Gas Lease Yet!
The NHMOC is Still On The Job
Working for YOUR best interest.
We'll be adding information to the blog very soon. If you're not already on our mailing list, sign up on the form on the right >>>>>>>>>>>>>
We'll email you whenever new information is added.
Also, if you HAVE NOT already signed a Memorandum of Intent (either on paper or online), please do so.
The former North Hills Mall lot is among several sites that have been targeted as potential drill sites for Barnett Shale gas wells in the Northeast Tarrant County, Texas area. There are a number of other potential well sites in our area too.
NHMOC Hotline: 817-284-4387
Get Your Questions Answered
Good News: we are starting to see a return of activity in our area. We have been in direct communication with Chesapeake, the primary drilling company in the Northeast Tarrant County area. They have a number of wells drilled or planned already and have more in the works. Only by organizing, working together and negotiating as a group can we secure the best possible signing bonus, royalty rate and lease terms.
The North Hills Mineral Owners Coalition has merged with the Liberty Park and Richland Hills mineral owners groups. The resulting single larger coalition will increase our bargaining power with the drilling companies.
We recently voted to expand our Area of Interest from the three potential well sites represented by these groups to incorporate all of the area that was not covered by any other mineral owners group within designated street boundaries.
The following video discusses the benefits of banding together and negotiating as a group:
We are trying to get the word out to as many neighbors as we possibly can.
We are asking you to help us -- and yourselves -- in the following ways:
- Talk to your neighbors. Let them know what is happening and that their participation is important both to them and to the group. Remember that some of your neighbors, especially some of the older residents, do not have email or Internet. They need your help to stay informed so they know how to respond when they are contacted by a lease broker or an oil company
- Sign a Memorandum of Intent (requires Adobe Reader, a free download) and send it back to NHMOC at:
4401 Keeter Dr
North Richland Hills, TX 76180
- Subscribe to the NHMOC Newsletter to receive neighborhood updates and notices of upcoming meetings. Simply fill in your name and email address at the top of any page of this site
- Organize your street - you can download an informational flyer (requires Adobe Reader, a free download), an area map and the Memorandum of Intent from this web site to help you talk to your neighbors
- Attend our meetings and invite or bring your neighbors
Only in this way can we be prepared when the serious lease negotiations begin -- which is starting to happen now. We will be consulting with landmen, lawyers and accountants to put together the most favorable bid package we can. All of this professional input will be at no cost to you.
The approximate boundaries of our target area are:
- Mid-Cities Boulevard from Rufe Snow Drive east to Precinct Line Road
- Precinct Line Road from Mid-Cities on the north to Highway 10 on the south
- Highway 10 from Precinct Line west to East Loop 820
- Highway 121 from East Loop 820 southwast to the Haltom City city Limit
- Along the Haltom City city limit from Highway 121 to the intersection of Boulevard 26 and Highway 10
- Northeast along Boulevard 26 to Rufe Snow Drive
- Rufe Snow Drive from Boulevard 26 to Mid-Cities Boulevard
View the map of the NHMOC Area of Interest
On the Resources page are some informational websites where you can learn more about mineral rights, horizontal drilling and what's been happening in other areas of North Texas. On the Contact Us page you'll find contact information for the people who are leading in this effort.
It takes ALL of us working together to ensure a FAIR gas lease!